Thursday 21 March 2013

"The Office"

Recently my twitter feed/facebook news feed has been littered with drivers posting photographs of steering wheels of racing cars with comments such as "My office for the day".  For whatever reason it annoys me...An office is somewhere with computers, pens, paper etc. On the back of this, it inspired me to share some photos of my office, which although might not be quite as cool as a steering wheel and three pedals I like it and as far as offices go, its very comfortable!

BMW Z4 GT3- "My Office" for the occasional weekend!




My Amalgam model of Lewis Hamilton's McLaren MP4-22A. This is the last year where the regulations allowed all the extra flicks and wings and as such the detail is fantastic! Also in the display case is our 1:43 scale Ecurie Ecosse Aston Martin DBRS9 that we raced at Spa in the 24 Hours. This is very nice to sit and look at from the comfort of my desk!














Passes and tickets from the last 10 years. Hanging of a set of stag antlers! Its amazing how many race weekends you end up going to over the years!









Top: I use history refrence books every day as part of my day job and the history of the sport is a big thing for me, which is why its such a privilege driving for a legendary team like Ecurie Ecosse (note the two EE books on the shelves!) Also on the shelves are my old helmet, which I retired after 5 years of solid service last year and also Roger Wills' old helmet for whom I do a lot for.



Left: My desk. I switched to Mac last year and I think I would struggle going back to a PC! The post it notes are generally things I havent done!




Left: Some of my trophies which sit above me on the rafters. The big one in the middle is my Spa 24 Hours class winning trophy when I shared a Jota Aston Martin with Roger, Sam Hancock and Simon Dolan. Behind it is a model aeroplane which belongs to my father with whom I share the office.

Below: Hanging in the roof above my head is the front nose section from Ronnie Peterson's 1972 March 721G. This was previously in the Donington GP Museum but when I did a deal on the behalf of a client to purchase a few cars from the collection, Kevin Wheatcroft gave this to me as a Thank You.



Pin It Now!

1 comment: